It is my first time making this and I love the result. The recipe came from my good friend and modified it a little to suit my taste and the available ingredients that I have at home.
1kg beef, cut in 2inches chunks
1/4 cup vinegar
3/4 cup soy sauce
2pcs bay leaves or laurel leaves
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 kg white onions, chopped
4pc red bell pepper, big chops
2 small cans liver spread
1/2cup tomato paste (or 150g sachet Hunts Del Monte)
3 cups water
4 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
carrots, large cubes
cubes olives in bottle, drained
Marinate beef for 1hour by:
1. Mix half of minced garlic, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar. Pour in beef.
2. Heat olive oil in heavy sauce pan. Over medium heat, sear fry beef by batches. Just enough to brown the beef. Set aside. NOTE: do not pour marinade sauce.
3. Using the same pan, saute remaining garlic, onion, bay leaf, bell pepper until it smells good.
4. Add back the beef. Add tomato paste. Add 3cups water. Put to a boil.
5. Cover and simmer for 2hours or until meat is tender. Stir occasionally and if sauce starts to dry, add 1/2cup of water at a time.
6. When beef is cooked, add olives, liver spread, carrots, potatoes.
7. Cover pan until carrots and potatoes are tender.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste. 9. Serve on hot rice!