I have several all-purpose cream that needs to be used before it expires. So I thought of a creamy pasta. I am not much of a fan of white sauce but I tried it anyway. Well, it passed nanay Teri's taste. I'm pretty happy about it. I find the creaminess too blande in taste and so I added chorizo bilbao.
Shrimp and Chorizo Bilbao Pasta Alfredo
250g Pasta (spagetti or fetuccini, whichever you prefer and is available)
Ground black pepper
1/3cup white whine
2cups All-purpose Cream
1/3cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 clove Garlic, minced
Chorizon bilbao, sliced
1. Cook the pasta. Once cooked, drain but do not rinse.
2. While cooking, start with shrimp. Pat dry with paper towel. Season with 1/2tsp salt, 1/4tsp paprika, 1/4tsp black ground pepper.
3. In a large pan (you will use the same pan to mix pasta later), medium heat, add oil. Once hot, put shrimp. Arrange in 1 later. Cook 2mins each side. Remove shrimp from pan.
4. Add chorizo Bilbao. Cook. Remove from pan.
5. Leave pan on low heat.
6. Add butter, chopped onions until fragrant.
7. Add garlic until fragrant.
8. Add white wine. Cook until liquid is almost drained.
9. Add cream. Bring cream to simmer.
10. Add parmesan cheese and stir until it melts with sauce.
11. Turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
12. Mix spaghettini, cooked shrimps, Bilbao. Garnish with parsley.