For me, the most memorable scene in the movie is the part when the men and their families attended the ceremony and signed the resolution. They really took it seriously and held each other accountable. The Resolution reads:
- I do solemnly resolve before God to take full responsibility for myself, my wife, and my children.
- I WILL love them, protect them, serve them, and teach them the Word of God as the spiritual leader of my home.
- I WILL be faithful to my wife, to love and honor her, and be willing t lay down my life for her as Jesus Christ did for me.
- I WILL bless my children and teach them to love God with all of their hearts, all of their minds, and all of their stength.
- I WILL train them to honor authority and live responsibly.
- I WILL confront evil, pursue justice, and love mercy.
- I WILL pray for others and treat them with kindness, respect, and compassion.
- I WILL work diligently to provide for the needs of my family.
- I WILL forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.
- I WILL learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins, and walk with integrity as a man answerable to God.
- I WILL seek to honor God, be faithful to His church, obey His Word, and do His will.
- I WILL courageously work with the stength God provides to fulfill this resoluton for the rest of my life and for His glory.
- As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. – Joshua 24:15
I've seen only 2 movies with Christian themes. The first one is Fireproof and this as the second. Courageous is about fathers being heads of the homes. On a Monday meeting with all the sheriff's deputies, the sheriff urged his deputies to spend time with their families when they clock out because studies show that fatherless children are several times more likely to commit crimes. That statement hit the bone of these group of fathers. As head of the family should, they signed a resolution to be the better man in the family - both as a husband and a father. The movie is a story of how they lived up to that resolution and how at the end of the movie, they shared that resolution to the rest of the fathers in the community on Father's Day.
The movie is very touching. It gives a message of hope. It also gives a message that we are not alone in the fight to morality and good values. Even in our modern time, it is important that we value family. Want to contribute to the community? then strengthen each of your families. Strengthen the only unit that God has given you main responsibility of.
I invite you to watch the movie. I will surely be sharing this with my family and friends. :)