This quarantine had us stock on canned tuna. I want to try something else with the tuna.
Spicy Tuna Recipe
- 1 whole pack of Somen noodles (4 bundles inside) ; If not available, 250g Spaghetti pasta will do.
- 1 sachet Dashi powder (can be bought from Japan groceries)
- 3 cans spicy tuna, liquid drained
- 1pc lemonsito
- olives, drained sliced
- capers, drained
- fresh basil
- garlic, sliced
- onions, sliced
If you have somen noodles, cook by:
- In pan with water, add oil and salt. Let it boil. Add somen noodles. After somen is cooked (3mins), take out of pan. Wash with water.
If you have spaghetti pasta, cook by:
- In pan with water, add oil and salt. Let it boil. Add spaghetti pasta. After pasta is cooked (10-15mins), take out of pan. Wash with water.
Put it all together by:
2. In a separate pan, saute garlic and onion. Add spicy tuna. Mix.
3. Squeeze lemonsito. This reduces the fishy taste from your canned tuna.
4. Put in olives, capers, and few pieces of freh basil.
5. Put in 1 sachet of Dashi poweder.
6. Mix in cooked somen or spaghetti pasta. Mix.